Monday, November 5, 2007

Why would I want to burn a nursing home down?

Yesterday morning I finished reading a most excellent book by Quint Studer called Hardwiring Excellence. The book describes a paradigm of techniques that hospitals can utilize to improve patient satisfaction, reduce employee turnover, and enlarge the size of the bottom line. So my response to this book is, why can't we adapt these techniques for use in nursing homes? Over the next, well, however long it takes, I'm going to be presenting my little bastardized version of Studer's ideas here. Except that they'll be geared for long term care. Oh, and about the bit about setting fires -- even though Studer is a consultant, he prefers to be called a fire starter because that's a more accurate description of what he does.

No comments: